Holistic Financial Planning in Syracuse, New York
With holistic financial planning, HighPoint Advisors, LLC puts the spotlight on your goals. Rather than viewing clients as balance sheets or a collection of assets, we look at each individual as a unique entity with hopes, dreams, and a desire to build a life and legacy that lasts.
What Is Holistic Financial Planning?
Traditional financial planning can be a cold and detached process. Generally, advisors take a cookie-cutter approach, recommending the same investment opportunities to a multitude of clients regardless of how different those clients may be in terms of background, wealth accumulation, and personal goals. In other cases, advisors make suggestions without thoroughly understanding their clients’ objectives or even how they intend to use the money they make or save.
Holistic financial planning is the antidote to generic investing. We’ll take the time to sit with you and discuss what your goals are and how we can help you reach them. This can include:
- Planning for retirement
- Saving for your child’s college fund
- Buying a home
- Starting a business
- Leaving assets for your grandchildren
While the overarching goals are hardly uncommon, the specifics — what that home looks like, what kind of retirement you want to have, etc. — make every situation different.
Putting The Puzzle Together
To be effective, no financial decision can be made independently of other financial decisions. Investing or implementing a savings strategy without a comprehensive game plan in place is like throwing darts at the wall without having any idea where the bull’s-eye is. Although you might get lucky enough to hit your target, more often than not you’ll end up miles from where you want to be. Holistic financial planning identifies the target first, then builds out a financial model. It’s like working backward, ensuring there is ample time and opportunity to help achieve the desired outcome.
In real life, people have more than one mission. You may want to retire early while also paying for your niece’s culinary school, or you may want to build vacation funds into your yearly budget while also setting aside enough money to finally buy a cabin by the lake. We’ll assist you with working toward ticking each item on your bucket list without sacrificing the others by finding a balance between all the moving parts that make up your financial road map.
The Planning Process
Though the financial planning process varies from person to person, the general methodology looks something like this:
- Initial Consultation: We’ll sit down with you and explain how the planning process works, what to expect from each step of the process, and the actions you’ll need to complete in order to achieve optimal outcomes.
- Gathering Information: Before we can move forward, we have to understand who you are and what you want. Tell us your personal and financial goals, the time frame you have in mind, and how comfortable you are with risk.
- Digging Into Your Financials: To maximize your money potential, we first need to look at your current financial situation, including income, assets, liabilities, insurance coverage, estate plans, and other key services you may already have in place.
- Presenting the Plan: Now it’s time to show you how to get from A to Z. Depending on the scenario, we may deliver a clear-cut plan that limits guesswork, or you may get several options along with all the information you need to make a decision with confidence.
- Ongoing Assistance: Even once your plan is in place, the work continues. We’ll help you implement our suggestions and monitor various investments. As the market changes and your goals evolve, we can recommend tweaks and strategy shifts to keep you on pace, or, in some cases, give you even better financial leverage than you had before.
Schedule Your Financial Consultation
Apps and online planners may be convenient, but they lack the personal care and customer service you can only find at HighPoint Advisors, LLC. Insist on extraordinary advice and craft the future you’ve always wanted with holistic financial planning, and your goals could be even closer than you realize. To get started, contact us to schedule your initial consultation. Our accessible, dedicated staff can’t wait to show you how rewarding holistic financial planning can be.